Movie Review Time-Rock of Ages

I made a trek to the movie theater this weekend and that is hard for me cause you know I hate people and all. I was a metal head so I was intrigued to see Rock of Ages. I have to admit I haven't seen the Broadway show so I all I knew going in was Tom Cruise was playing Brett Michaels and the cute blond from the ProActive commercials was "Just a small town girl with her whole life packed in a suitcase by her feet" girl. 

So overall I really enjoyed it and Tom Cruise as Stacee Jaxx is really good. I gained an appreciation for him after his dance routine in Tropic Thunder. Prior to that I thought he took himself too seriously. And having just seen the latest Mission Impossible, he really is a Versailles actor. He actually wasn't really that close to Brett Michaels, he was more like Jim Morrison and I'm not totally sure his persona fit the heavy metal genre. Axl Rose was probably the most outrageous front man of the time and really he was just an a@#%^ not a guy who lost his soul. The music was pretty awesome and it was cool to see guys like Sebastian Bach. I was a huge Skid Row fan and that was my first real concert though it was in the parking lot of Giants Stadium and somehow they had Pantera opening for them. There was a girl who grabbed guys packages until she got to the front of the stage. 

My favorite scene was probably when Dennis Dupree and Lonny profess their love for each other. I pretty much sang every song and it was just a fun and enjoyable movie. If I really wanted to complain I could point out that most of the music was really 70s rock bands like Journey and not heavy metal but I'm lame and I love power ballads so it was OK. I'll give it three head bangs and a stage dive.

Comments

Popular Posts